Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Troubles Running Otherworld



So I'm getting more and more reports of people unable to open Otherworld. Which shocks me a bit because it should be click and go. So I'm asking everyone who has trouble running Otherworld to try the work arounds in this thread.

http://www.otherworldtoday.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=104

If none of these work please post your system info and OS so I can try to track around what type of OS it is not working on, browser etc. I test it personally on Vista and XPS3 but obviously there are dozens of different configurations. And if we get a list of what its not working on I can find a work around and better solutions in a text file with Otherworld Downloads.

Please don't post to this blog but to the thread on this issue.

Daisy

5 comments:

  1. i run windows xp sp3 it works fine with internet explore
    fire fox is a bit of a slow load but probly on my end

    great game btw keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. The game only runs for me in internet explorer. When I use chrome or firefox, I get a frozen title screen. After a while of playing in ie, the game inevitably freezes and crashes the browser. I'm not sure if it's a problem with ie or the game, but it is depressing nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mihai
    the save and load system isn't working atm but will be fixed (probably in next release)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I open the game in Chrome, but it also works in IE8. I have Windows 7 and it works well, except that when I open it, I have the new game menu frozen there and a slideshow of pictures beneath it. I can only see the margins of the pictures because they're bigger than the menu(about 50px), but I can't skip it and until it finishes I can't do anything to the game. And sometimes the game crashes when the slideshow finishes and I have to reload it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just found out that after some time of playing, Chrome crashes. I'm not sure how much time it passes, maybe somewhat over an hour.

    ReplyDelete