Monday, January 31, 2011

Post Release



I seem to always screw up a release. Even after fixing the worksafe and easy load issue, I forgot to turn the tutorial back on... oh well it makes debugging easier on average.

So lots of interesting bugs please keep them coming. I'm basically claiming the next two days as lazy days. And then will start tearing through them on Wednesday. Hopefully will have a debugged version out for the weekend... We shall see how many bugs you guys find.

Balancing is something I am really concerned with, and for me probably the hardest part to get right, as I don't PLAY Otherworld as a gamer, I play it as a designer. So if an item is too powerful, too weak, too expensive, too cheap. Please note it up on the balancing board.

I'm also wanting to know if the new sickness is too punishing or not punishing enough and if any job is overpowering the game or making too much money. I don't normally play long games that would show these issues so you guys feedback is very important.

Have had a few requests for a different upload. Very few requests though and I'm unsure if this is an issue with the files or with people un-familiar with multiple files rar. If you don't have winrar please go download it first.

Download WinRar

Also I have re-uploaded the files. THERE IS NO CHANGE IN THESE FILES!!!! They just have a slightly different compression ratio.

MF 1

MF 2

Daisy

2 comments:

  1. Anyone have a link for the balancing board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, here's something to think of for balancing then: i was able to gain a maximum of about 2000gold/day, owning 10 fully trained slaves

    ReplyDelete