Thursday, July 15, 2010

Level up! (pause to see if board crashes by not putting otherworld in the title)

Slave girls are now loaded from external .swf files. Let me repeat that please, Slave girls are now loaded from EXTERNAL .swf files. Can you see my smile its big, what does that mean, girl development by 3rd parties, but more importantly my 4 year old notebook I take to work will hopefully stop locking up. Technically this was one of the last two major hurtles before Otherworld could really become a game, to rival the competitors.

The other hurtle... saving. I'm sort of on the fence if this should even be added it allows the game to be hacked much easier. If you have an opinion leave a comment. Oh and enjoy your Orihime maid clean.



7/14/10

new .as loader

new function startGameNow();
new function loaderOrihimeHandler()
new function loaderMugiHandler()
new function loaderMioHandler()
new function loaderMenaceHandler()

new Global Variable

var orihime:MovieClip;
var mugi:MovieClip;
var mio:MovieClip;
var menace:MovieClip;

var swfOrihimeLoader:Loader = new Loader();
var swfMugiLoader:Loader = new Loader();
var swfMioLoader:Loader = new Loader();
var swfMenaceLoader:Loader = new Loader();

loaderNow

new Files

new mugi.fla
new mugi.swf
new mio.fla
new mio.swf
new orihime.fla
new orihime.swf
new menace.fla
new menace.swf

testing addchild index no longer works for remote loaded girls, rebalanced images to front and back for girls. This fix may not be perfect, since index might change as the game goes along. Monitoring is required and maybe a global variable with index stored in the future.

tried moving girl icons to new .swf and had issues with creating new copies... will hold off for now.

moved images from otherworld.fla to the girls .fla
changed symbols to girlname.symbolname
move partly done will do adult images later.

new function slideShowFormatInternal(pic) an alternate version with child indexing compared to the standard for the external images.
new function slideShowFormatAll(pic) universal code between slideShowFormatInternal and slideShowFormat

bug - label properties changed by counter and blacksmith screen - fixed constant battle
bug - girl change in jewelry shop no longer working - fixed listener removal conflict

It was a slow night. Are these too detailed or not detailed enought?



Gratz to Neos who got Kokoru/Cocoloo from Petite Princess Yucie. Petite Princess Yucie is of course the anime based off of princess maker game(made by gainax), princess maker was the inspiration for slave maker. But you already knew that. Something odd about a series of girls who are all 18 but stopped aging at 10.

Today's lovely lady has my dream job. If you can't ID her, i'm revoking your otaku license.

Daisy

4 comments:

  1. Without knowing all the details I'd say, yes please allow saving. Hack or not, if I need to get up and go somewhere, saving the game is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start by saying I love what I've seen so far; your graphics are awesome, your ideas are incredibly intriguing compared to SM*, and it seems off to a great start for a scratch-build. However I don't have several hours a day to put into a game anymore. Please, please put a save system in and make it convenient for everyone to play it on their time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive project, indeed. Personally, I find the way Slave Maker saves can be edited quite a good thing (I hate to restart every now and then, at least 'til there's more slaves), so I'd vote for a similar way of saving. After all, why bother making sure nobody will hack the saves if the game is not an online competition?
    And about today picture... I know her (well, in fact she could be the original or something else using that shape :p) and the series, but I don't really find it appealing (probably due to the spanish voice actors ^^).
    I can't wait to test this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, my otaku license remains intact. While I did not know her name (never saw the series) I did guess the series right.

    --Kenki

    ReplyDelete