Saturday, March 9, 2013

Debug bar and OMG its an Onion Bug!


First off I know a dozen people are going to bug report it but I want to say right up front that if you have debug up the hotkeys for "p"(pens) and "t"(town) are disabled... so that apples can be added to the game.  Want to use the hotkeys turn off debug.  As you can tell I keep adding crap to the the bug bar and items are now added if you can spell them right.

The last two days I have been trying to figure out why the float over text didn't recognize items held by the player.  This was an onion bug.

1) The text parser didn't parse anything but simple variables such as 1 == 1.  So added an event checker for all types of events.  Okay that should have been it right.
2) Nope the issue goes deeper seems that items are not being parsed in if they use label instead of name for the tag so a lot of item checks weren't working.  This is bad documentation on my part but is the reason chastity belts aren't working.  That's fixed.
3) Oh but we are not done yet.  You see the checks were true and always checking if exists not if doesn't exist.  That's fixed.

I'm tired of bugs.

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment